Fun Actvities

How We Can Help

How We Can Help...

...When you need help with your housing situation

The EAWCP does not have a specific program to help with housing. However, we generally point people to the resources below.

Finding or maintaining a home

PA Housing Finance Agency (PHFA)

The PHFA works to provide affordable homeownership and rental apartment options for older adults, low- and moderate-income families, and people with special housing needs

Harrisburg Housing Authority (HHA)

HHA owns and operates over 1,750 units of public housing for eligible low-income families, the elderly, and persons with disabilities, and offers a variety of housing to applicants so they can choose the types that best fits their family’s needs.

Cumberland County Housing and Redevelopment Authorities

Offers assistance with home ownership programs and rental housing.

Housing Authority of the City of York

The York Housing Authority provides decent, safe and affordable homes to individuals and families with limited incomes.

York Community Progress Council

CPC works with low- to moderate-income people of all ages in York County to examine their current situations and determine how the programs they offer align with your needs.

If you are homeless, or at risk for homelessness:

PA Homeless Assistance Programs (HAP)

Are you or someone you know in danger of being evicted from your apartment or home? Or perhaps, you have already been evicted and are currently homeless and do not know where to go for help. The Homeless Assistance Program (HAP) helps to assure that homelessness can be avoided, people who are homeless can find refuge and care and homeless and near homeless clients are assisted in moving toward self-sufficiency.

County Assistance Offices

Pennsylvania offers assistance and other services to people and families in need. You can submit applications and renewals at your local county assistance office or online using COMPASS. Caseworkers are available at the county assistance office to help you and answer your questions.

Cap4Kids (York)

Cap4Kids (York) offers a list of housing/utilities related organizations on their website at

PA Families

This site lists the Intellectual Developmental Disabilities County contact information for PA. County case managers can look into helping with several resources.

For Refugees

Friends of Refugees

Pennsylvania Refugee Health Program